Working remotely offers flexibility with both work hours and location. While many organizations offered this option prior to the pandemic, it rapidly became the norm for the greater part of 2020 as companies looked to flatten the curve and remain in compliance with health and regulatory agencies.
Remote work is quickly becoming one of the most desired workplace benefits, with many employees willing to accept less time off and/or compensation in exchange for the flexibility to work remotely.
The number of people who work remotely has increased by 140% since 2005.
- Millennials and Gen Z currently account for 38% of the workforce.
- This is projected to increase to 58% by 2028.
- 69% of millennials would forfeit some vacation time for flexible work options.
- 16% of companies hire remote team members exclusively.
- Smaller companies offer remote work twice as often as larger companies.
- 18% of people work remotely full-time and an additional 3.2% work remotely 50% of the time.FCR is the percentage of first-time contacts that are completely resolved without a transfer or escalation. This is widely considered to be the most impactful customer satisfaction KPI. It is calculated by dividing the number of issues resolved on the first contact by the total number of issues x 100.
Companies who offer remote work enjoy 25% lower employee turnover.
- 76% of workers would be more willing to stay with their current employer if offered a remote option.
- Those who work remotely at least once a month are 24% more likely to be happy and productive.
- 75% of people who work remotely do so because there are fewer distractions.
- 86% of people think that working remotely reduces stress.
Remote Work Problems
- Unplugging after work is the biggest problem for 22% of remote workers.
- Brainstorming is the most challenging type of meeting when it comes to remote work.
- Global Workplace Analytics, State of Telecommuting
- SmallBizGenius, The Ultimate List of Remote Work Statistics – 2021 Edition
For over 32 years, Televergence has been saving customers an average of 30% over AT&T and Verizon on toll free and long distance services for contact centers and other high-volume users. The Televergence Cloud Phone System is ideal for SMBs and enterprise customers with remote workers and priced to save them an average of 30% over the market-leading competitors.
Our Customer Commitment is supported by C-Level Account Management, unparalleled technical expertise and customer service, the highest quality, U.S.-based, 24 x 7 x 365 Network Operations Center, and Televergence’s industry-leading customer retention statistics. In addition, Televergence is a WOSB and WBENC certified diverse supplier. To learn more, Click Here and schedule a 5-minute call.